Sports, Culture & Event Management FT
Master's degree program
Profile of the program
This master degree program has been developed as a management degree in the synergetic areas of sports, culture as well as event management with a strong international focus. The program is entirely taught in English by academic and field experts from around the world. The main emphasis lies on the development of strategic and leadership skills. Central to this program are analysis and conception as well as research and its application.
With the inclusion of current scientific discussions, the unity of research and subject matter is guaranteed. This leads to a unique interdisciplinary approach to mastering the elements and structural provisions involved in the management of sports, culture, and event businesses.
- International program in sports, culture, and event management
- Entirely taught in English by lecturers from all over the world
- Integrated study trip
- Unique interdisciplinary approach to mastering the elements and structural provisions involved in the management of sports, culture, and event businesses
- Sports Management: sports marketing & communication agencies, sports federations, and sports event organizing committees
- Cultural Management: cultural institutions such as museums, theaters, opera and concert halls, festivals, music and film industry, and the wider creative industries
- Event Management: event agencies, event and conference centers, recreational centers, corporate marketing, sponsoring, and event departments
Major fields of study
- 13 % Basics Sports, Culture & Event Management
- 20 % Specific expertise in sports, culture & event management
- 17 % in-depth electives & scope for specialization
- 14 % Leadership & Social Skills (incl. study trip)
- 36 % Practical transfer & Master thesis
The key focus of the master program represents three core concepts - strategic management, research and management in the fields of sports, culture, and event management, and the future-orientated focus of optional academic study modules. Students are able to choose two courses out of the optional modules in sports, culture, event or management to deepen their knowledge. Courses on the topics of digitalization, sustainability or international politics emphasize the international character of the study program.
Comprehensive Social Leadership Preparation
Social skills training is another component of the program. Particular emphasis is placed on leadership training, especially in an intercultural context. The study trip encourages the subject skills as well as the social and intercultural competence of our graduates. Because of the tight connection between theory and practical subject application, the program complies with the special qualification requirements of various career fields in international sports, culture, and event management.
Qualification rewardedMaster of Arts in Business (MA)
Language of instruction100 % English
Semester abroadIntegrated study trip in the 2nd semester**
FeesEuro 363,36* (excl. Student Union-fees) each semester
Places per year30
* Information for third country students
** Travel expenses for the semester abroad are to be covered by the students themselves or are supported by a grant.
Level of qualification:
second cycle, master
Alternative admission procedure:
For international applicants from countries in which applying for a visa to study in Austria takes a longer period of time, the degree program offers more flexible admission dates. The prerequisite for this is a completed online application, the fulfillment of the admission requirements and an application for the alternative admission procedure including an explanation of the reason to bewerbung
∂fh-kufstein.ac.at. The program management will then decide on the allocation of a possible online appointment. The information is communicated as quickly as possible in order to ensure planning security.