level of course unit
Learning outcomes of course unit
The students are able to:
• Identify Facility Services and their contents
• Identify quality levels and different requirements for different property types
• Present differences between result-oriented and performance-oriented bills of quantities and services
• Create and review Service Level Agreements for Facility Services
• Identify requirements and tasks of quality management systems for the various facility services
• Define maintenance strategies and select them according to the requirements
• Present and analyze relocation processes
• Name and analyze various office concepts and land uses and present ergonomic and labor law requirements for workplace design
• Create occupancy plans in dependencies of area concepts
• Present the contents and processes of energy audits and the energy management system.
• Describe the fundamentals of building cleaning and to calculate services
• Describe the process of a Computer Aided Facility Management (CAFM) implementation
prerequisites and co-requisites
Fundamentals of Facility Management (GFM), Fundamentals of the Real Estate Indus-try (GIM), Selected Topics Business Administration (ECO.2)
• Structure and contents of service level agreements
• Basic structure and contents of Facility Services
• Structure and procedure of a CAFM implementation
• Measurement procedures and certifications in quality management
• Energy management with a focus on energy management systems and energy audits
• Maintenance management and maintenance strategies
• Relocation management and space management with a focus on office space and workplace concepts, space planning, occupancy analyses, ergonomics, accessibility and change management
• Basic concepts and calculations in cleaning management
recommended or required reading
• Nävy, J. and M. Schröter, 2013. Facility Services - Die operative Ebene des Facility Managements. Berlin: Springer Vieweg.
• Kaiser, C., J. Nusser and F. Schrammel, 2018. Praxishandbuch Facility Management.1st edition. Wiesbaden: Springer Vieweg.
• Brugger-Gebhardt, S., 2016. Understand DIN EN ISO 9001:2015: Interpret the standard safely and implement it meaningfully. 2nd edition. Wiesbaden: Springer Gabler Fachmedien.
• Geilhausen, M., Schulze, O., Engelmann, D. and J. Bränzel, 2015. Energiemanagement: Für Fachkräfte, Beauftragte und Manager. Wiesbaden: Springer Vieweg.
• Schröder, W, 2010. Ganzheitliches Instandhaltungsmanagement: Aufbau, Ausgestaltung und Bewertung. Wiesbaden: Gabler.
assessment methods and criteria
language of instruction
number of ECTS credits allocated
eLearning quota in percent
planned learning activities and teaching methods
semester/trimester when the course unit is delivered
name of lecturer(s)
Director of Studies
course unit code
type of course unit
mode of delivery